UCCW (Ultimate Custom Widget) is a great add-on with which you can easily create stunningly amazing home screens for your Android smartphone. In this tutorial, I’ll teach you how to create a simple home screen design using UCCW and colourful icons.
I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the end result should be something like this:
Got all the required apps? Now, let’s get started.
Changes in Nova Launcher
- Navigate to Nova Settings -> Desktop. Set the Desktop Grid to 12 rows and 10 columns. Make sure the width and height of the margin is set to “none”.
- You might also want to hide the label for icons. Just scroll down and you’ll find the option.
- Next, tap on Advance and enable “Widget Overlap” and “Overlap when placing” options
Changing the Default Icons
- Open Flatro Icon Pack tap the “Apply Theme” option
- You may also want to change the wallpaper with the ones included in the app. (use the Wallpaper Chooser option)
Adding the Widgets
- Go to Widgets and place a 4×4 UCCW widget on the home screen. Tap on it and select “flatroclock” from the available options. That should enable the clock.
- To get the date and weather, download these uzip files – Date and Weather.
- Now open UCCW app and tap on the “Open” button on the top-right. Navigate to the downloaded uzip files and save them as skins. Next, place the UCCW widgets on the home screen and select the skins.
That’s it. Hope the tutorial was easy enough to understand. If you need any help, give me a shot on Twitter — @joelfernandes