The Apple iPad 2 has been out since early 2011, so it’s nearly time to say hello to iPad 3. The iPad 3 tablet will be soon released in market at the end of this summer. So without much further ado, let’s take a look at the iPad 3 features and specifications that are expected to power it.
The Apple iPad 3 will boast its mean looks – it’s thinner, sleeker, shiny and trendy. It will sport a high-definition screen with an expected resolution of 2041 x 1536. Reports indicate that the pixels are small enough to make the images look like printed material. The iPad 3 runs on a faster processor and works with next-generation wireless networks.
Apple iPad 3 Features
- The Apple iPad 3 will have quad-core processor: It’s likely that the iPad 3 will have a brand rattling new processor, Apple’s A6 – which will be a quad-core ARM-based processor. The A6 will certainly boost the speed and will be more power-efficient than A5. Quad-core designs are coming from various ARM partners and the Tegra 3 has already been launched by Nvidia, as well as the Snapdragon S4 from Qualcomm. According to a Korean media report, A6 will be manufactured by Samsung despite their on-going rivalry.
- The Display: The Apple iPad 3 is furnished with retina quality display. Although, the retina display was predicted for the iPad 2, it’s now confirmed that iPad 3 will carry retina display with 2041 x 1534 screen resolution. According to the Wall Street Journal, Sharp will manufacture panels for the device, and apparently, Apple is investing in infrastructure at Sharp’s LCD plant. Further rumours said that Apple is looking to implement some nifty dual LED lightbar technology into the iPad 3, apparently in a bid to counter-balance the brightness issue that the Apple tablet may have, due to its super-high pixel density.
- iOS 5.1: The iPad 3 will come with the latest iOS 5.1, which will host the multi-touch gesture technology. Apple might announce the final build of iOS 5.1 for all iOS devices, which is said to bring Siri dictation to the iPad. The tablet will certainly include multitasking features, such as notifications, task-finishing, app-switching, location and background sound.
- iCloud makes way for the Apple iPad 3. iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service from Apple Inc. announced on June 6, 2011 at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The service allows users to store data such as music files on remote computer servers for download to multiple devices such as iOS-based devices, and personal computers running Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows. It also replaces Apple’s MobileMe service, acting as a data syncing centre for email, contacts, calendars, bookmarks, notes, to-do lists, and other data.
- Camera: The speculating reports suggest that the Apple iPad 3 will sport a 8 Mega Pixel rear camera. A camera with flash is a much-awaited feature of the iPad; people were expecting iPad 2 to have camera flash; now we would be wondering if iPad 3 will have camera with flash.
- iPad 3 is believed to come with a double sized battery. The industry sources have reportedly said that the battery capacity of iPad 3 would be as high as 14,000mAH as compared to 6,500mAH being used presently.
- The iPad 3 might have an MircoSD card slot. This was widely predicted for the iPad 2, and like the Retina Display, it didn’t materialise. One for version 3, perhaps?
Apple iPad 3 Release Date
As earlier said above, we are expecting Apple to unveil the iPad 3 by the end of this summer. Apple hasn’t released any details publicly. We hope they make a formal announcement about its release soon.
Apple iPad 3 Price
I believe Apple will keep the prices the same as the iPad 2. Also I would expect the price of the iPad 2 to drop by $100 once the iPad 3 is released.